Daily Bible Verse

Monday, July 14, 2008

Friendship

What is friendship?
Someone sent me this sms few days ago: Many people want to know how high you fly, but only a few want to know whether are you tired flying high. How true that is! In this world and society that we live in, we undoubtedly have many friends. But how many true best friends do we have? 知心朋友or 好朋友?
True friendship does not come by easily, but if you do have one or two, count your blessings!
I only realize this recently that I am very blessed, Yes! I do have many friends - 'hi' and 'bye' friends/casual friends/close friends, friends that are willing to stand by me. But friends who would really understand me even without me saying anything, friends who would still love me for who I am even though they've seen the ugliest side of me, friends who would give me a hand even before I asked for it, friends who would prepare the way before me and walk behind me even without me knowing..... these kind of friends, I do not have that many. But I thank God for the very few who are truly my friends, my 知心朋友.
So for this week, as it is 'Friendship' week, let me say a B-I-G THANK YOU to my 知心朋友. Although we may not communicate often, nor do we see each other regularly, you will always have a very special place in my heart and in my life.
HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK! I love you! <3