Daily Bible Verse

Monday, April 26, 2010

The God of giving!

God always amazes me!
I needed a digital piano, as the previous one has given up it's ghost. I researched for one on the internet, but came to a conclusion that I really couldn't afford to get any as they were too costly! There was a particular brand and model that I love, but it has since been a discontinued item - Yamaha P200! I would LOVE to have one! I love the sound, the touch of it so much, that I even offered to babysit the one in church, should there be any chance if they are getting a new one, ha ha! Than I took a bold step by asking God to bless me with a digital piano - doesn't matter which brand, which model, cos you know, beggars cant be choosers right?
In the midst of it, I also asked God to open doors for me, especially in the area of career advancement. Not long after I prayed, God answered!
First it was a call from my friend's aunt. She told me that the digital piano that she inherited from my friend is no longer in use, as her daughter has stopped playing on it, and is now sitting in the storeroom! She wanted to GIVE it to me, but told me that I needed to repair it, as it may no longer be working. Without any hesitation (I took it that it was from the Lord), I arranged to pick it up from her place. Once we reached home, I kept praying that it is not faulty, or at least not too damaged till the point of no repair. Then imagine the smile on my face when we first switched it on, and hearing the sound for the first time! Of cos it still needed a little bit of repair, but thank God because it's just a minor fault! Best part of it, it is a Yamaha P200! My dream piano!
Next came another surprise! One of my friend called me telling me that he has a business proposal. We sat down, talked about it, prayed about it and felt that we should go ahead with it! Guess what? I got another digital piano from there too! And just so happens that one of my friend's student wanted to let go her well-maintained Kurzweil piano at a very good rate! Everything seems to be so well co-ordinated! And as if that is not amazing enough, He opened the door for me to get a brand new laptop as well! How amazing can that be!
God is truly the God of giving! He blesses beyond what we can ask or even think of!

I learned that giving is not just an expression of love, it's an expression of giving of yourself! Thank you!
'God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"' ~William A. Ward
'You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.' ~Author Unknown
'What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.' ~Eleanor Powell